Sarina Russo Job Access (Australia) Pty Ltd ABN 21 090 052 350 (SRJA) is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. This policy sets out the way we handle your personal information including the use and disclosure of your personal information, as well as your right to access your personal information.
Your Personal Information
In order to provide you employment and related services, we may need to collect personal information such as name, address, work history, qualifications, career details or other information generally contained in a resume.
Where practicable SRJA will endeavour to collect personal information directly from you. In order to provide you with employment and associated services we will need to collect personal information from you such as:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your qualifications
- Your previous employment history
- Job Seeker Identification number
As a contracted service provider to the Commonwealth Government of Australia to provide employment and associated services, we may also collect personal information from Commonwealth Government Departments and Agencies such as:
- The Department of Employment and Workplace Relations;
- Workcover Queensland; or
- Your insurer
To provide you with employment and associated services we also collect personal information from other third parties such as:
- Any referees nominated by you
At, or as soon as practicable after, SRJA collects your personal information we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of:
- SRJA's identity and how you can contact us;
- Your rights with regard to accessing your personal information;
- The purpose for which your personal information was collected;
- To whom we usually disclose your personal information to;
- Any law that requires us to collect particular personal information; and
- The main consequences, if any, for you if you do not provide
all or part of the information we require.
SRJA will only collect personal information by fair and lawful means and not in an unreasonably intrusive manner.
Use and Disclosure
We will use our best efforts to ensure that the information you provide to us remains private and is used only for the purposes you agree to.
SRJA will not reveal, disclose, sell, distribute, rent, license, share or pass your personal information on to a third party, other than those that we have a binding agreement with ensuring that the third party affords your personal information similar levels of protection as we do.
In order to provide you with employment and associated services, we may need to disclose your personal information to third parties such as:
- Potential employers;
- Department of Workplace Relations;
- Workcover Queensland; and/or
- Your insurer
Further, we may use and disclose your personal information to provide you with employment and associated services specified to you at the point of collection or for another purpose if:
- You would reasonably expect us to disclose it for that purpose;
- That purpose is related to the purpose specified to you at the time of collection.
- SRJA reasonably believes that the use is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious and imminent threat to an individual's life or health;
- SRJA has reason to suspect that unlawful activity has been, or is being engaged in, and uses the information as part of its investigation, or in reporting its concerns to the relevant authority;
- The use and disclosure is specifically authorised by law; or
- The use and disclosure is reasonably necessary for the
enforcement of the criminal law, a law imposing a pecuniary
penalty, or for the protection of the public revenue.
SRJA does not use or disclose your personal information for the purposes of direct marketing unrelated products or services.
SRJA will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You are encouraged to help us keep your personal information accurate, complete and up-to-date by contacting your consultant or this organisation and informing us of any changes to your details. You can contact us on 13 15 59.
At SRJA we are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We ensure this by having such security measures as:
- Individual password access to systems and databases
- Secure file cabinets
We will also take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer required for any purpose.
Access and Correction
You will be provided with the opportunity to access the personal information we hold on you and, where appropriate, you may be able to correct that information if you determine that it is incorrect. SRJA will allow any person on whom records are maintained to have access to those records unless legislation (e.g., the Freedom of Information Act) requires or authorises the refusal of access. To obtain access to your personal information please make a request at your closest office. Before giving access to information, SRJA will require that you provide proof of identification and this along with details of your request will be recorded on your file.
SRJA will not adopt as its own identifier an identifier that has been assigned by a government agency. Where practicable SRJA will not use or disclose an identifier assigned to an individual by a government agency.
Whenever it is lawful or practicable, you will have the option of not identifying yourself when dealing with SRJA. Due to the nature of the services being provided to you this will be in very limited cases.
SRJA will not collect personal information revealing your racial or ethnical origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, or details of health, disability or sexual activity or orientation unless:
- Your consent has been obtained; or
- The collection is required or specifically authorised by law; or
- The collection is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of any individual, where the subject of the information is physically or legally incapable of giving consent; or
- The collection is necessary for the establishment, exercise or
defence of a legal claim.
Resolving Privacy Concerns
You are able to raise any concerns you may have regarding our personal information handling practices by either discussing your concerns with the Manager of the site or by calling the Privacy Officer (Amanda White) at Sarina Russo Job Access on Ph. 3001 8010.
The Internet and Your Privacy
SRJA takes all reasonable steps to protect your security when using the site but you should be aware that no transmission of information to and from a website is ever totally secure.
Whilst we will strive to ensure the personal information transmitted to or from our website is secure and protected from unauthorised access, we cannot fully guarantee the security of your information. Transmission is at your own risk.
It is important to remember that if you are using a computer in a public place, such as a library or community centre, you must remember to log-off, otherwise others may be able to access your personal information.